Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Baby!


Time to do some baby documenting! Starting with the story of how I found out. I started to cramp a little bit and my boobs were sore, so I knew my period was about to come, and it was right on time. But a week passed and still nothing. I am usually on the same cycle as two of my coworkers, and I knew their's had come and gone, but I thought nothing of it. Ever since I have had all my thyroid issues, my cycle has been so random. I didn't have it for 6 whole months last year. But my coworker, Andrea, was not convinced. She thought I was pregnant, and I honestly laughed it off. I thought there was no way it could be because of everything my body has been through. She happened to have a pregnancy test she didn't need so she gave it to me and I promised I would use it. I was off early from work and decided to go browse Target before going home. (OK I mainly wanted to get ingredients for a Buffalo Dip I had been craving) She called me, anxious to hear the news of the test but I told her I was still at Target and would take it when I got home. So I casually checked out and payed and drove home. I had to pee so bad and figured "hey i might as well pee on this stick" so I did. I took about a half hour bubble bath and completely forgot about the test. I got out and got dressed and passed by the test on my bathroom counter. To my surprise it read POSITIVE!

I FREAKED out. I instantly cried, and squealed a little. Then I called Andrea. I didn't know what to do and was SOO flustered!!! She helped calm me down and remind me I had a husband to tell. I rushed to Walgreens to gather up random items. I had no idea how I was going to tell him. He was almost home so I needed to distract him. I called him to ask if he could get my prescription at Walgreens, he said sure. I hurried out of there as fast as I could so we wouldn't bump into each other!  

I wound up finding a cute poem online, a little cheesy...but it was the least cheesiest of them all. I frantically wrote on a poster with possibly the ugliest handwriting I have ever seen, blew up some balloons which left me feeling like I just ran a marathon, and taped it up so he would see. I had so much fun surprising him, and even more fun seeing his reaction!

We surprised our family with these cupcakes and they all freaked out they were so excited!





We had my friend Megan take some photos for us so we could announce and had so much fun! The photoshoot was challenging, because one of the balloons floated away. But we got through it and I am happy with the outcome!

Due Date: October 25 2014
Baby: Is now currently the size of a green olive
Nausea/Sickness: NONE. You could say I am thrilled about this.
Cravings: At first all I wanted was spicy, but now my heartburn won't allow it. My obsessions are frozen grape gatorade...it HAS to be frozen. Anything fruity/chewy/sour. Pickles. I crave random things every day like caramel apples, and roast, but these are my go-to's.
Ultrasound:We had our first when I was 7 weeks and heard the heartbeat!!
Missing: Cookie dough, Ceviche, and sometimes ham (with cheese and crackers)
Weight Gain: 0 pounds
Stretch Marks: YES. Two tiny half inch marks on either side of my belly button. Oh, and on my chest. My boobs and butt insist on growing. 
Emotional: Not really, until this week. 
Symptoms: Sore lower tummy/lower back, heartburn, fatigue. 

I can't even explain how I feel knowing I am going to be a mother to this little one. I am amazed at what my body is able to take on. I am so so thankful to have this blessing of being a mother. I am probably most excited to see Cameron as a daddy. Our next Ultrasound is in 5 weeks to find out the gender...Ahhh!

1 comment:

  1. I am so so happy for you!!!
    You're going to be the cutest mom :)

    ReplyDelete