Sunday, April 13, 2014

Baby Update!


My first trimester is a wrap and I couldn't be more excited about it! I have loved pregnancy so far, it really has been good to me. The worst I would have to say is the exhaustion. Working a fast-paced full time job takes it all out of me! I have wanted to hire a personal chef and housekeeper, because my wifely duties have definitely been lacking! Fingers crossed for some more energy this second tri. We went to a resort this weekend for a little stay-cation and it felt oh so good to soak up the sun and relax!

These past three months have been such a whirlwind in the Gibson home. We found out we were pregnant at 4 weeks! I had my first Ultrasound at 7 weeks and we got to see our little peanut. 


I haven't been all that emotional or hormonal at all for that matter, except when we got to see our 
babe for the first time, and everytime we hear the heartbeat. Because I haven't had the typical 
symptoms I have struggled wondering "is there really a baby growing in there?" Now with my ever-growing bump and body changes I have no doubt. It really is starting to hit me now and I can't wait to be this little one's mommy.

At about 9 weeks I lost any symptoms I had. Heartburn, sore breasts, sore lower tummy. I feel entirely normal! My doctors are closely watching my thyroid changes and so far everything is coming along beautifully. All of my blood work has come back normal and baby and I couldn't be healthier! When we got that news I couldn't help but say a prayer in my heart. I have such guilt sometimes when I think about my health. Wondering if it will affect my sweet baby. I have been so blessed with such an easy pregnancy, I know my Heavenly Father is looking out for me, and knows my needs. 

I haven't bought anything maternity yet. My goal is only maternity pants and most likely a swimsuit. My pants already don't fit me so it's probably due time, but I want to put it off as long as I can. Skirts and dresses have been my go-to when I'm out and about. But my main wardrobe is scrubs and yoga pant (what else?)

My specific cravings have subsided for the most part. I eat a lot of apples, and Dubble Bubble is always in my mouth. Thank heavens they sell them in 1 pound bags. 

My hair, skin, and nails have never been better. I lost a lot of hair last year and my nails were paper thin. They both are growing so fast it is insane. My hair is so thick (something it has never been). It is so exciting! Pregnancy rocks.

We both think baby is a boy, so of course I am getting excited over all the little boy stuff out there! But trying to stay neutral in case this little one is a girl! We just can't wait to know! In 3 weeks we will be able to find out and I am so ecstatic over it. I am constantly online 'window' shopping for baby stuff it's killing me I can't make any for sure purchases yet! We have a couple cribs picked out 

and I have some diaper bags picked out too, but I'm taking my time on these big purchases. We have 
a baby dresser, a Glider rocking chair, and a stroller/car seat. We have names for a boy and a girl picked out and plan on announcing very soon after we know the sex! 

I can't wait to call my baby by it's name. The bond I already feel with this little one is so empowering. I feel myself changing, becoming more nurturing. It's no secret I've always dreamt of motherhood. Since I was a little girl it's been my focus my whole life. I am amazed at this little miracle I am growing. I can't wait for you, October. 

No comments:

Post a Comment