Sunday, April 27, 2014

14 Weeks



I am officially 14 weeks as of yesterday and loving it! The only symptom I have been experiencing is heartburn occasionally, so things have been real good! Last week I felt those little baby flutters and I freaked out it was amazing! I was home from working all day and was laying on the couch on my stomache when I first felt it. I immediately screamed a little and felt my heart race. I was so giddy! Baby seems to love my left side because that's where I felt the flutters, and that's where we find the heartbeat the strongest!

As far as cravings go, I don't really crave anything hard core. I am still obsessed with bubble gum, and find myself leaning towards fruit, anything icy like a slushie, and anything fruity, chewy, sour candy.

Sleeping on my stomache is officially starting to get uncomfortable and I am so sad about it! I like to sleep with a pillow in between my legs, one behind my head, and my arm around another....I'm thinking it's time to invest in a body pillow. Poor Cam is dreading this because I already take up 3/4ths of the bed as it is!

I am starting to show a lot more! My stomache reallyyyy pokes out by nighttime because I get super bloated. Especially after every meal. So it's fun to see a sneak peek of how things will look very very soon! I can't button the bottom button of my lab coat at work at all anymore and it makes me laugh:)

As far as baby stuff I haven't made any more purchases than what we already have! I have two cribs picked out and I can't make a decision for the life of me! I have like 10 diaper bags picked out haha. My heart has always been set on a Petunia Pickle Bottom bag, but I want to save my pennies for something more exciting:)  I am impatiently waiting to find out the gender so I can refinish the baby dresser and rocking chair, we find out real soon!

As far as gender we both still think it's a boy! So does all my family. My brothers are wishing for a little baby nephew so bad it's adorable and I love it. Finding out if this little one is a miss or mister is on my mind all day!


As this pregnancy progresses I reflect a lot on Motherhood and what kind of mom I will be. I found a quote that I absolutely love and want to stick to as my children grow. With this world we live in I want to be an example and a light to them, especially when things get tough. 

"Be a Mother who is committed to loving her children into standing on higher ground than the environment surrounding them. Mothers are endowed with a love that is unlike any other love on the face of the Earth." 
-Marjorie Pay Hinckley

No comments:

Post a Comment