Sunday, May 25, 2014

18 weeks

Lots and lots to talk about Miss P right now! These last couple of weeks I have felt her move a couple  of times! The first time I was 16 and a half weeks and I was laying in bed and felt two tiny nudges on my left side. My whole world changed. I cried, and woke up Cameron next to me. The second time I was driving to my mom's and I was on the phone with Cam when I felt this huge kick and then it kind of vibrated for a few seconds after! I screamed and slammed on my brakes (which caused Cam to freak out) and I yelled "I JUST FELT THE BABY OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH". It was the strangest, most beautiful sensation ever.

I have felt a little discouraged as to why I hardly felt flutters, and have only felt a few kicks so far, and my doctor informed my I had a front facing placenta. She said it is completely normal and not harmful, it just might take a bit to feel the baby. And it explains why I have only felt her off to the side. It also explains my ever-growing belly. Man has it started to poke out! I feel like it is just starting to get out of the chubby stage and into the 'she's totally pregnant' stage.  Yay!

I still haven't bought anything maternity yet, but I know a swimsuit is needing to be purchased sooner rather than later! I FINALLY got the courage to go to Motherhood and get sized for a new bra. I cringed at the new size, but I'm embracing this new change. A shopping spree is long overdue, I am in need of some more dresses!

Sleeping is starting to become really difficult. I am a stomache sleeper, and it's pretty much impossible to be comfortable in that position so I'm tossing and turning all night. The heat is really starting to get to me, it's going to be a long summer!

Still craving everything sweet and fruity. This week Cam brought me a peach mango slush from Sonic and it was oh so good, but it gave me some pretty bad acid reflux.

My poor tummy is breaking out in stretch marks. I don't know how some women get none at all, I have had two since I was 9 weeks along! I have a few now and it doesn't matter how much oil or lotion I use, it's inevitable. But I love them, and bonus....so does Cam.

We had our big anatomy ultrasound on Friday and everything went smoothly! Parley is incredibly healthy and I couldn't be happier! We have been scheduled for another ultrasound this Saturday again though because the ultrasound tech I had was just a substitute. So yay for seeing our sweet girl again! I am so so grateful for such a smooth pregnancy. I have been so so blessed.


As far as shopping for this little girl, everything is in full swing! Lots and lots of adorable clothing, I am getting so giddy over it all! I am excited to make her some headbands. I used to make them for myself all the time in high school, so it will be fun to get back into that hobby! Cameron is going to buy me a sewing machine so I can make blankets and burp cloths. We have pretty much everything picked out for her nursery! I just want to take my time in purchasing these so I know it's what I really
 want. My mind changes every five seconds just on what to eat so I want this to be perfect!

I have been really wanting to document this pregnancy really well, but it has been such a challenge for me. The weekdays are so busy with work I have zero motivation to look cute and snap a photo. 
Sundays are the only days I actually wear normal clothes, and maybe Saturday if I'm lucky. I have gotten into the habit of taking pictures in front of my front door, because honestly, it's the cutest 'scenery' this desert has to offer. There is such an expectation to look perfect and have the perfect 
pose, but let's get real. I don't have the most professional looking photos, or the cutest outfits. My hair
 is far from perfect, and this body of mine is changing every day. But I love how I feel. I love looking back at a photo and remembering how I felt in that exact moment. It is pure bliss being pregnant, it really is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment