Saturday, May 31, 2014

A Different Kind of Beauty

So being pregnant, it's hard to not get discouraged about all the new things going on. I have been overwhelmed to say the least with my fast-growing bump. I have wondered a lot about this giant bump I now have, and am just in awe how it's this big already. I didn't expect to show for quite some time, because of my extremely long torso. But with an enlarged, front facing placenta, every move my baby makes, makes a new mark.

Stretch marks have been my one thing that has gotten to me the most. I don't post any bare belly pics because of this, even though I have many on my phone. I developed my first two stretch marks at nine weeks. They were two tiny red lines on either side of my belly button, and quite honestly I thought they were cute! I felt empowered almost. Since then, I have sprouted quite a few more. I have grown to absolutely love my marks, and so has my husband.

I wanted to write down how I feel about these new marks and why they make me feel loved. Heavenly Father trusted me to be Parley's mom. My body was made to handle this, what a powerful thing that is!

So to my Parley girl-this is what those marks remind me of.

A mark for ever breathe you take, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you suck your thumb, and wave hello. One for every hiccup, and every wild kick.

All these marks are ok. This is your home, where I grow to love you everyday, where I lay my hand and dream about who you are, what you will look like. It holds you until my arms can, and for that, it will always be beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment