Sunday, June 22, 2014

22 Week Bumpdate

Lots and lots of new things going on around here! All things baby has come full swing, and we are busy bees trying to get ready!



The Nursery: HUGE progress has been made. We now officially have the crib, changing table, glider, dresser, cradle, and rug! All big items are purchased and now it's really getting fun! Last night I finally figured out paint colors! I can't wait to get it all painted. I am making the curtains, and have lots of craft ideas for some decor in her room.

Parley: She is so healthy and couldn't be more perfect. She is getting spoiled by all her loved ones! She loves to kick her momma, sometimes it takes me by surprise how strong they are! We have purchased her some diapers and bottles, and of course clothes!

So I have experienced some new things the past couple of weeks, it has just been crazy! This pregnancy has been such an easy breeze for me, I kinda forget it won't always be like that. So last week (21 weeks) I woke up at 2 in the morning screaming. I had such an intense pain in my calf I thought I might die. I literally wanted to just chop my leg off. Cameron told me to try to walk it off. Standing on it hurt like no other, but once I started walking the pain eased up. The next day I chugged what seemed like a whole ocean of water and literally ate about 4 bananas. I'm deathly afraid to feel
that again.


Now forward to this week. Thursday morning. I woke up and got ready for work, said goodbye to Cam and headed off. I had a banana, a nectarine, and some water for breakfast. (It's hard to eat at 5 AM). I felt totally fine and started setting up for the day. We huddled and went over the days schedule, and then started to walk off to prepare for our day. All of a sudden the room was spinning. I was instantly hot from head to toe. My hearing was leaving me and I was so scared. I told myself to go to the break room and sit. I somehow stumbled there, my sight going in and out. I remember hearing the doctor I work for ask me something, but I couldn't respond. I collapsed in a chair and remember a hygienist and the doctor follow me in. I felt so awful and started crying. Long story short, my mom picked me up from work and took care of me so Cameron could go to school and work. When he got off I called my doctor to let them know what happened, and they suggested we go to the hospital just to get everything checked.



We had a really good checkup, and are both healthy and fine! Had to take a selfie in that hospital gown, I couldn't help but get giddy thinking I will be in one again very soon and we get to see our girl! 



In other exciting news, we registered for the baby shower last week! I wanted to get a head start so we could keep adding as we go. So far the shower date is set for August 23!!! 

Cameron bought me a sewing machine a couple weeks ago and I have been keeping busy sewing cute things for Miss P! I have been craving all things fruit and sour still. I found out something interesting at my last appointment, I asked them what my weight has been each time I have come in so I can track it better. I am the same at 22 weeks as I was at 4 weeks, and lost some weight in between those appointments. Which is a huge shock considering I didn't have any morning sickness, but I am totally okay with because I know the pounds will start to add up the rest of my pregnancy! 

I have been sleeping with a body pillow, and let me tell ya....HUGE difference. I was a stomache sleeper before, and this thing is so comfortable I swear I could sleep upside down and would still be cozy! 

As far as maternity clothes I have a couple of dresses, a bathing suit, and a couple nursing bras! I love how comfortable they all are. Shoes are becoming irritating for me. Since I wear socks and shoes all day at work, when I'm not working I just want sandals! Plus with this 104+ degree weather! I just want my feet to BREATHE. But sandals are so not comfortable to me at all, and I notice my feet swell more in them. 

We are looking forward to seeing our sweet pea again in a short 6 weeks and finishing up this nursery before I start getting huge! I can't wait for October. 

No comments:

Post a Comment