Thursday, November 6, 2014

1 Month

I can't believe my little baby is a month old. Part of me feels like it flew by but part of me feels like she's been here forever. Our home is a better place with her there, and I can honestly say Cam and I are better people with her in our lives. 

Holy smokes this girl is so fun! She is so strong. Since day one she has loved to lift her head and look around at the world! 

Parley's favorite things:
Her pacifier. This thing is my saving grace and she loves it so so much. Calms her down instantly! 

Bath time. This girl looooves the water. My favorite is bringing her in the bath with me, she makes the cutest faces and is so calm. 

Being swaddled. But she especially loves it when her hands are up by her face, and wrapped super tight. 

Music and being sung to. Especially when Cameron sings to her in Spanish. She's all wide-eyed and just stares at him and it melts me! She still loves Mindy Gledhill. I listened to her alot when I was pregnant and I think she remembers!
(This is when she had the bilirubin in her system.)
She loves outside, day or night! I love taking her out at night. We don't live in the city so the stars are so bright by our house and she just stares at the sky. 
Her carseat and car rides. The moment I strap her in her car seat and get driving she is so relaxed. 

My voice. If she's fussing I just talk to her over and over and she calms right down. Sometimes I say silly things like "okay mommy is changing your diaper right now" or "I'm loading the dishwasher". I pretty much give her a play-by-play of what I'm doing every second. I have a love-hate relationship with this because I love knowing how much she needs me. That just my voice or her seeing my face calms her down, but it prevents me from being away from her too long! Which I'm okay with:) 
She has a really strong grip already and grabs my hair a lot. Which doesn't help the temptation I've been having to chop it again! Her neck is crazy strong she can hold her head up high for long periods of time. When she lays on Cameron's chest she kicks her feet and wiggles until she is nuzzled in the crook of his neck and it is the most precious thing. 

She is such a lady. Her toots are so tiny and her burps are so dainty. When she sneezes she makes the cutest face after. Her cry is so girly it kills me! She is so mellow. Even in my belly I knew she would be pretty calm. Ever since she has been here she has been so peaceful, hardly crying, but when she does it's pretty easy to calm her down. 

She weighed in at 9lbs 4oz today! Most of her newborn clothes are still so big on her! 

She is looking more and more like me as she grows. She is a pretty even mix now with her features. But some faces she makes she looks just like Cameron! She is starting to get some red in her hair. Cameron had a full head of red hair when he was a baby and mine has always pulled red so we had a feeling! It's so cute I love it. 

Weeks one and two she slept ALL the time. I of course worry over everything, so I was stressing about her eating schedule. She had jaundice and wasn't gaining weight but the poor girl would sleep all the time and when she was awake she kept falling asleep while eating! Thankfully that time is over and now she is a champion eater. We call her our little piglet. 

She still is an excellent sleeper! We are still working on a routine but she has been such an easy baby, I feel so blessed!

Thanks little lady for making this past month the best of our lives! 



No comments:

Post a Comment