Saturday, February 20, 2016

Paxton Boy

So many thoughts, feelings, emotions to document this pregnancy, but I've done a horrible job of it! Chasing around a toddler, pregnant, and with all the changing going on in our lives it's definitely been a struggle, but I don't want to forget this precious time.

We found out we were pregnant October 31! I had been sensing some symptoms for a couple weeks but thought NOTHING of it. I had just had a checkup that week with my thyroid doctor and things were all over the place. He told me I was borderline PCOS and my thyroid levels had never been worse. We decided to switch up my medication and I went gluten/sugar free, and we had a game plan to get myself healthy! I was so emotional that appointment, with my biggest concern being fertility. I desperately wanted more babies and didn't know what all this meant for our future.

4 days before I tested positive Cameron got in a horrible car accident, one that absolutely should've left him majorly injured, if not dead. I count my blessings everyday that he survived because I couldn't imagine adding a new addition to our family without him. It brings tears to my eyes every time I think about it.

SO. Back to finding out! That morning (Saturday) was spent doing normal Saturday chores/grocery shopping, etc. I finally decided to take a pregnancy test and ran to the store to grab some, and then to a family's house in our ward who were moving and needed help cleaning their house. I spent some time there helping and then went home, in no rush to take the test. As soon as I tested it read pregnant INSTANTLY. Clear as day no question!

Fast forward to finding out the gender:) It's no secret to friends and family I've been dying for a boy. My first pregnancy (and basically my whole life) I have ached for a girl first. Something about wanting to do all those girly things with her that I never experienced in my sister-less family growing up! But ohhh after having her and enjoying all the lovely things that come with having a precious girl, I found myself absolutely in love with all things boy. My OB offered 14 week gender ultrasounds and you bet your bottom dollar I was all over that! Plus being 14 weeks the week of Christmas just made everything feel so magical-like it was meant to be! So we scheduled the appointment and I was a giddy mess. Now everything this pregnancy has been polar opposites to my pregnancy with Parley. I wasn't sick a single day with her and always felt so great! This time around I've had some nausea, and thrown up several times. I definitely still feel so blessed to feel as good as I have. So, the gender ultrasound! Baby's legs were closed THE WHOLE TIME. Nothing I did helped, so the tech had us schedule back, which wasn't for two more weeks because I was leaving town for a week. She did mention that she was 90% sure it was a girl, but that she wouldn't be confident until she was 100%. So we went two weeks thinking we were adding another precious girl! Definitely not what I thought, but I found myself excited and giddy!

So 16 weeks came and we went to our appointment and sure enough....BOY! The tears were instant. On the drive home we agreed his name would be Paxton and not a day goes by where I don't feel an insane amount of love and gratitude for this amazing gift. There's truly something about a mother's love for her son, and I have only experienced a smidge of what that means. Cameron is over the moon about having a son it is just so fun and fulfilling to be able to house this little guy.

I am currently 23 weeks and feeling like the end is so far away! If he's anything like his sister, I could deliver in May, but it still feels ages away! I am so giddy about labor and delivery, those moments with Parley were so special I can't wait to experience it again. Buying him little clothes has been such a dream, whoever said boys weren't as fun as girls were so wrong because this is just as fun! I have a good game plan set to make post partum a (hopefully) smoother experience this go around. Parley is so smitten with her brother, it's the best part of it all. She gives the ultrasound pictures and my belly kisses. She truly has no idea what's in store, but she definitely understands something, I see it in her eyes every time we talk about him.

It's safe to say we love you times a million, little Paxton.








No comments:

Post a Comment